My favourite hobbies include going to the gym, reading, watching sports and spending time with friends.
Recently I also returned to college after almost 3 years out and decided to study social science. The next plan is to begin university to study psychology at Chester in September 2020- coronavirus permitting!
My name is Adam, I’m 20 years old and I live in Fleetwood, England. In December 2016, I was diagnosed with social anxiety and depression by my GP and decided to leave sixth form due to my mental health struggles.
Having suffered with mental health problems for a number of years now, it is my undivided passion to raise awareness, challenge stigma/discrimination, and be part of a greater change across societies worldwide. Much of my previous work has comprised of being a public speaker, Time to Change Champion, Lancashire Mind volunteer and National Mind fundraiser.
- Climbing Snowdon to raise money for Mind
- Becoming a Time to Change Young Champion
- Sharing my story to over 200 people at a church
- Recording an interview with BBC Radio Lancashire
- Doing a mental health piece with the Sunday Mirror
- Being a judge for the Lancashire wellbeing challenge
- Organising my own open mic night for MHAW
- Co-facilitating workshops with TTC staff